To Grow Upon

The fragility of life is often it’s greatest strength over us. The helplessness we feel when someone is taken away. There is a silence that fills the void where laughter and conversation once reined. The emptiness can be over powering, so we search for comfort in the words of God. But even there the silence can be deafening.

I often face death with my memories and my words. After a period of tears, I find myself digging back fondly into the memory files in my mind. Thinking of a laugh or a tear we exchanged. A word or a story, little things I often bore my children with in conversation. These are the things that help me cope with death.

Still our own mortality can be the most frightening after effect of all. Realizing that at any moment we can be gone. Nothing more than an extinguished candle where a light once shined. I am often accused of being a bit morbid about my own mortality. But considering my current state one can’t help but think that way.

Still it doesn’t stop me from wanting to live. In fact I think it gives me a greater appreciation of life. I have become more determined than ever to live each moment. To produce as much good thought as I can. Because despite the silence death brings, it is our actions and emotions that remain. That plant seeds of future generations to grow upon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze