Awaken

Another 3am wake up call. But this time the pressure isn’t as deep. I often wonder if everyone out there is just tried of my endless banter. My constant self-refection and self-examination. But deep down it has nothing to do with the “likes”, as much as it has to do with my own sanity. My mother had a habit of writing out her troubles and setting the letter on fire. At the time I didn’t really understand, but as I’ve grown older I totally get the reason and the purpose.

Life is how you choose to live it. You can be either be aware or you can choose to sleep through it. For some they choose to sleep. For others they drown their awareness in acts of self-deprecation. I think most of us lie somewhere in the middle, either totally unaware or regretting the actions we take.

Worry is a bitter pill. It can cause us sleepless nights and indecisiveness. How many nights have you laid there and wondered, worrying about the coming dawn? Sleep the sweet resetter of emotions, is a friend I only faintly know. Yet it is someone I dearly long to seek.
 
At this point I really don’t have any answers. All I can tell you is don’t grow tried of searching. Rather through faith or self-examination, seek your truth. Don’t be swayed by the tongues of men, including me. Do what feels just and right. Show yourself compassion and share that compassion with others. As I close, don’t cry any tears for me. Save them for those that refuse to be awake. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze