Anything else to Say?

Anything else to Say?

Is there really anything else to say? We spend moments, hours, decades dreaming of a better life. Yet despite our best made plans, we’re left right back where we started. I mean, I could lay on a big fat helping of gooey, sweet affirmations. But what good would that do; when you’re all alone facing your worst fears, without ever working on yourself?

For a really long time, I schemed and made plans for my eventual success. But a great deal of those goals turned into nothing more than dusty bookshelves of positive affirmations. In my fragile mental state, I grabbed for any magic potion to make me feel better. But end the end, all I could see was failure and disappointment. That is until I learned to simply let go.

While laying on a hospital gurney in an ER, my eyes began to open. For a number of years, I had practiced mindful meditation to relieve my Panic Disorder. I listened to the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, but until then hadn’t grasped what he was really telling me. That in order to be in the present, I had to make peace with my past. Despite all the plans I had, it was my past, my inner self that saw nothing but disappointment and failure. That despite whatever positive affirmations I had listened too. In the end, I had to face that inner fear, that inner rage, that inner failure; and make peace with it before I could change. 

I had to learn to quit hating myself. to forgive myself, and to create inner peace by listening and embracing my inner voice. I know there are a lot of books out there that can explain this way better than I can. This my friend is just a 10¢ tour. All I’m saying is, face the facts; real change takes work…hard work. And yes, you will fail. But then again, you eventually win if you try. You may even discovery that what you thought were goals were nothing more than roadblocks on your path to true happiness. 

#mindfuless #peaceofmind #meditation #goals #plans #success #dreams #innerchild #loveyourself #forgivness #rest #whatsimportant #thichnhathanh #peacewitheverystep #hardwork #mentalhealth #physicalhealth #zen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living