Caregivers Waltz

In the quiet, rain falls outside the bedroom window. On yet, another evening of relentless rain and raising water. I find myself tired but restless under this patchwork of blankets and throws. Waiting on a dawn I will not get to see.

Beside me, my bride comforts me with the occasional snort or murmur of words. Assuring me if nothing else, that she rests in peaceful slumber. I for one can’t afford such luxuries, for what amounts to a lifetime, I alone carry the burdens of living.

In perfect candor rest seems a distance dream. Sleep that was once my friend, now has left me as well. But I don’t beg, I don’t complain; for burdens are but the extensions of one’s own fear. Fear that we are left to carry through time and beyond.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living