Caregivers Waltz

In the quiet, rain falls outside the bedroom window. On yet, another evening of relentless rain and raising water. I find myself tired but restless under this patchwork of blankets and throws. Waiting on a dawn I will not get to see.

Beside me, my bride comforts me with the occasional snort or murmur of words. Assuring me if nothing else, that she rests in peaceful slumber. I for one can’t afford such luxuries, for what amounts to a lifetime, I alone carry the burdens of living.

In perfect candor rest seems a distance dream. Sleep that was once my friend, now has left me as well. But I don’t beg, I don’t complain; for burdens are but the extensions of one’s own fear. Fear that we are left to carry through time and beyond.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplate Life

One Moment

What It's About