One Another

“Bearing scars from battles we’ve won and lost. We carry the pain of abuse we’d rather not discuss. Yet here we are, nothing like the innocence, but still carrying the flame.”

Those are words I’ve written to a friend, a lover, and a sister. Someone bearing a load I cannot carry. But over the decades I’ve seen this woman beat the odds. Fight for family, listening to taunts and abuse no one should hear. I’ve watched time and disregard take away the beauty. Yet I still see the fire in those blue/green eyes.

Only a handful ever understood she and I, but that’s okay. We moved far beyond those questions so long ago. This is just a word of encouragement. The only thing I’m any good at. Just reminding her, reminding you. That you will make it. Strength isn’t measured by wealth you accumulate, but in the love, we give to one another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living