A Fortunate Few


Each and every day billons of people around the world get in their cars, take mass transit, or simply walk to the place where they work. For the vast majority work is just a job a means to an end. But for a fortunate few getting up every day is a pleasure and a joy, because they get to do what they love.


When working before, even at jobs I liked; the posters and catchphrases you’d see on the breakroom walls really used to bring out my cynical side. I believe the reason why, other than I’m an ass is because I knew despite the sincerity of my boss, I was nothing then a replicable cog in the machine. Now mind you a bunch of people I’m sure don’t feel that way and that’s okay. We are talking about me.


Right now I’m focusing on my creative side. I’m using my talents to create word pictures to inspire and inform my audience about things I see. I’m sure I could work on my focus and grammar a bit, but to tell you the truth I may not be very successful now but God I lover what I’m doing. This is the most freeing thing I’ve ever tried. So while I may never become a successful blogger or author, at least I now know I pursued a lifelong passion at least once.


The thing is rather you’re flipping burgers to make ends meet or staring at the carpeted wall of a cubical always have a dream. Don’t allow yourself to be defeated or trapped; by what’s staring back at you. At the moment your choices may be limited, but they are choices all the same. I know right now I’m sounding a lot like one of those lunchroom posters, but I’m talking about your life not the companies.


Get to know who you are, discover what you’re good at, and put it to work. And for God’s sake, don’t put your light under a basket: let the damn thing shine. Don’t leave the dream jobs to just a fortunate few.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze