Inevitable


Well today was a bit more stressful then I planned. At an early doctor's appointment I learned that my blood sugar levels are on the rise. So she's changing my treatment plan with new meds instead of the old ones I've taken for years. At first I was a bit upset, mostly at myself, for allowing this is happen, but after a good nap my prospective has improved.

I maybe someone who's willing to give new things a try, but I usually end up not liking the change. At the moment a number of things are changing. I restarted my CPAP therapy, brought a new bed, and starting tomorrow I’m taking new medication. You think I'd be excited, but honestly it really "bugs" me. I’m not saying this has anything to do with my attitude, but you never know.

One common thread I think we all share as we age is dislike of change. Changes in scenery, changes in job position, changes in circumstances; it all makes us uncomfortable. Take my new bed for example, the old mattress well it had it. It was uncomfortable and I think it's the main contributor to my pinched nerve. So last night my wife and I slept on the new bed for the first time. She slept quite nicely, while I on the other hand tossed and turned struggling with my new CPAP machine. I know that sounds silly, but you get what I mean.

We have to understand that change is an inevitable part of life, rather we like it or not. Change is not easy (like switching to Windows 10), but for the most part change is okay. When I look in the mirror I may not realize it, but that face staring back at me isn't the same face I shaved twice-a-week when I was 17. Over the course of time I’ve changed physically, as well as, mentally. But you know what that’s okay, because hopefully I'm a better man for it. So embrace change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze