Sock Filter

Despite such a crappy start yesterday, the day turned out pretty good. I worked on the second draft of my latest eNovel Bloomingdale, and despite the 100+ degree temperatures; it ended up being a pleasant day after all. Funny how that happens, one day you wake-up all "bright-eyed & bushy-tailed"; yet the day turns out to be crap. Then you have a day where you wake-up feeling rough, you’re out of coffee filters, and there's nothing on the morning news but politicians rambling in incoherent soundbites.  

Yet, after turning off the TV, using a sock as a coffee filter, and pulling up myself up by the "boot straps" and I ended up having a pretty good day. Weird right? Life is all about what you make of it.  Like that old saying, "some days are diamonds and some days are stone." The thing is when things go wrong, what are you going to do about it? 

The key to beating a bad situation is to look at what you got and put to use what you have. You’ll get a whole lot more done that way, then instead of just throwing your hands and giving up. A small victory in life is better than no victory at all. No rule book says life is fair; it's only as fair as you make it. Lord knows I’ve seen enough shit in my life and I’m sure a lot of you have too. 

The thing is look at yourself and ask the question, is this the best I can do?  Success can be measured in many different ways; my success isn't going to be your success and your idea of success may not be mine. Happiness and contentment is the goal. So if you’re unhappy with yourself and your situation; grab a clean sock and begin the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze