The First Step


Yeah everybody, the weekends over! I wonder how many of you feel that way this morning. I really don't know why I don't enjoy my weekends other than maybe they throw me off my usual routine. So Happy Monday! Anyway, I must admit the medication for the numbness is working. The feeling in my hand and face are coming back slowly. It's not that they don't work, they do. It's just they are numb. Other than that new health issue, the CPAP is really kicking in and I'm sleeping better than I have in years.

Earlier on an health forum I subscribe to, I made a comment to a young fellow about how anxiety is such a trigger for so much crap. Anxiety can create both physical and mental health issues that can impede or even stop you from living. In my own life my self-imposed isolation help in tamping down the amber's of anxiety. But in reality is that a good thing or just a quick fix? Medication helps, but again is it just putting a Band-Aid on a bullet wound?

Sometimes I find myself getting a bit lazy when dealing with my anxiety. I mean, I take my meds but I get a bit lazy with clearing my mind and mediating through whatever issues present themselves. In my world letting go of things like regret, and anger, and shame are key to helping me live a full life. It's just that there are times when you're just too damn tried, especially when the war going on in my mind won't let up.

I don't want to make this sound like a no win scenario. Each of us has some battle we are fighting rather we admit it or not. So while my battles ain’t your battles, I would like to make this a rallying cry. That we find a moment and realize that ignoring a problem won’t make it go away. But learning to love who we are warts and all, is the first step in being a better you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze