Gratitude


The last few weeks have been rather interesting. For one I finally could afford a sleep study and got my first CPAP machine in several years. Also since my little health situation last summer, I feel I’m finally on target with my health. I mention these things because in this work, work, work, run, run, run world we live in, sometimes pride keeps us from the help we need.

Being a man it’s especially hard to express gratitude for anything. We sorta live under this “bro-code” where a grunt or a punch-in-the-arm is a sign of affection. While we are not known for our displays of emotion, it doesn’t mean we don’t care. The thing is over the past year I’ve learned showing a sign of appreciation isn’t that hard. Using the excuse that it makes us uncomfortable or that we just don’t have the time isn’t good enough.

Expressing gratitude for something done for us isn’t sign of weakness either. I know way too many individuals that would not accept a hand simple because of the illusion of weakness. I should know I was one of those individuals. But I’ll when you’re sitting on side of the bed struggling to breath you learn to appreciate any help you can get. The thing is don’t be afraid to ask for help.

All I’m trying to say is don’t be afraid to say thank-you and don’t be embarrassed to ask for help. I sit here thinking of how much easier my life could be if I’d only asked for a help sooner. So don’t forget to say thank-you for the kindness that comes your way. And don’t think you’re too big to fail, because you can. Life is such a brief gift already, why waste time drowning in pride when a lifeline is just a call away.        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze