Enough

Good morning. Last night was a little rough had a kinda strange dream, but still I woke up and more or less ready to "hit the ground running". After checking my sugar and downing my breakfast of champions (my medications), I went to Facebook to see how my family and friends are doing. 

After years of being on FB you'd think by now I'd figured out most of the time it's nothing but a forum to spit out misinformation and opinion. Which is all well and good, but all I really want to see are baby pictures and how everyone’s aliments are doing. Why do family and friends feel the need to tell me crap they hear on the cable rumor mills?

As a person that suffers from elevated levels of anxiety and depression, the last thing I want is more bad news from those whom I seek support. Not that I can't handle a certain level of bad news, I just consider FB a forum for sharing personal news; not stuff I'm flooded with 24/7 off my satellite subscription. 

While I understand people get frustrated and need to vent, how about screaming into a pillow or excusing instead. Life's too short to obsess over who said what just to sell a bar of soap on a news channel. Doesn't the Bible say, "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs…" Ephesians 5:19. The world is so full of sadness already, why add even more sadness to it. Instead let's sing a song of hope.

I’m off my soapbox now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze