Growing


Last night while asleep (?), I came up with a great posting. So I grabbed my tablet and jotted down my ideas. Needless to say since waking up, I’ve tried line after line to get those thoughts to come together, but I only ended up creating more gibberish than I started with last night. Not every idea that rolls out of your head is a good idea. A good example can be when a recording company decides to release demos or outtakes of artists. It may sound like a great idea, but in reality did the artist really want their missteps or screw ups to be heard by the world?  


Even now I’m writing this as an alternative to what I thought was a good idea. The words for this particular piece first flowed from my mind, then after a gustation period I reread it and hopefully work out the kinks. But not everything turns out well, I’ve got a computer file full of stuff that is not meant for mass consumption. I only wished I’d figured that out earlier; some of my past work is quite painful to read. 


But such is the life of someone who’s growing. Rather you’re a writer, painter, or sales executive; we each have a desire to be successful at our craft. Now the definition of success may be different for each of those professions, the main point here is the desire to better oneself. Without the desire to improve we can become complacent. We live in an age where business trends change faster than ever. So depending on our efforts from the past doesn’t guarantee success tomorrow. You must improvise, adapt, and overcome.


Now if you’re happy with the status quo there is no shame in that. But if you’re like me rewards of the past can fade and be forgotten easily. So working to improve one’s skills is never a bad thing nor should be considered a waste of time. Remember being a better you isn’t so much about improving your value to others, as it is improving your value to yourself.            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze