An Honest Message


It's been a few days since I last posted. To be honest, it's not that I've been too busy. As you well know, it's been a hell of a week here in the good o’ USA. So I decided to just chill and see where my thoughts take me.

One thing I've noticed myself doing is becoming glued to my TV, Smartphone, and computer watching and reading all the latest goings on. It's taken me to the point where it has kept me up at night. It's not so much that I feel the anxiety and stress; but I see the signs: the obsession, the restlessness, etc... So I guess you could say I needed a break from all the "crazy".
So this weekend I've decided to devote myself to meditating and writing positive, honest messages on my blog and website. If for nothing else to spread a positive the message that; if we work on ourselves first, then maybe we can then work on the world around us. 

When searching for answers to my anxiety issues, a few years ago I stumbled upon the works of Vietnamese Buddhist monk named Thich Nhat Hanh. Now before all my Evangelical friends and family get their panties in a wad, I’m not Buddhist. (But what if I was? That’s something you gotta work out with yourself.) Anywho, Thich’s lessons that I focus on are having empathy, being compassionate, and being in the moment. Themes that by what I understand of Christ’s teaching pretty much jive together.

My point is this, while we look through the filter of mass media and others opinions. Isn’t time we at look each other face to face and see what the windows to the soul really tell us. I think if we actually try we might see the same thing we want for ourselves; a need for respect, a little dignity, and peace of mind.

“You may say I’m a dreamer; but I’m not the only one.” Let’s not be the generation that allows the words of John Lennon die in vile. Let’s all learn to be compassionate “and live as one”.   
  

Please note I have two eBooks for sale on Amazon.com, The Value of Daydreams and Life Beyond the Keyboard. They both can be read on Kindle Unlimited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze