Don't Wait on Fate

Yesterday was kind of a rough day, I woke up really early and plain just didn’t feel very good. So I ended up spending most of the day fussing with my wife (who wasn’t feeling her best either) and just being lazy (which may have been her valid reason for fuzzing). The only thing I did do before burying my head under the covers was write a small post on a therapy site I go to. 

Thankfully though, I awoke this morning “feeling” a lot better. Instead of just getting up and starting our routines, my wife and I made some alone time, to reminding each other of why we’ve stuck it out for 30 years. Then we got up and started our day.  

Thinking about this reminds of a bunch of my friends and acquaintances who when faced with the same situation, would either fight it through some affirmation ritual or load up on cans of Red Bull. This is fine I suppose, it’s just that it never seemed to work for me; besides Red Bull tastes like shit.  

For a really long time I would punish myself for having a bad day; heaping tons of guilt upon myself for being weak or not good enough. What I have learned is when I do that, it doesn't change a damn thing. It only makes the situation worse. You know, life is what it is and until you learn to focus on the moment, you only end up disappointing yourself over and over and over.

Now there is nothing wrong with planning, if that were the case I would have never finished college or created my business. The thing is you have to realize plans get changed, so learn to "adapt and overcome". Life is unscripted it allows you to make up things as you go along. Don't depend on luck (although it's nice when it happens) and don't wait on fate. Learn "to accept the things I cannot change, (have the) courage to change the things I (you) can, and (have) the wisdom to know the difference."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze