Cursor

Remember Me?
That damn blinking cursor, flashing at me, mocking me, as if to say, "So what you gonna come up with this time, Einstein?" Ugh! I hate that thing, but at least it beats that damn paperclip. Thanks, Microsoft. (Here's a link in case you've forgotten Clippy.) Anyway, I've been busy editing my upcoming book, so taking time to create new stuff has not exactly at the forefront of my mind. It's not that I don't want to, it's that at times you just don't have anything to say. 

Like I said, when I started typing there was nothing in front of me but a blank screen and a blinking cursor. Great! Now I'm repeating myself. Anywho, being stuck is nothing new, especially for me. For many years I struggled with the fact that I was smarter and better than where I was in life. In fact when someone would ask what I did for a living, I would say, "I'm a monkey with a flashlight". Now I know we all got to make a living and sometimes (okay, a lot of the time) that means doing shit we hate. 

Still if the opportunity calls, don't be afraid to dream. Somewhere we all have hidden talents and dreams to be better. Like the bible says, "don't hide your light under a basket, let it shine". But doing that requires patience, strong will, and no fear of failing. Take me for example I've painted over my spots more times than I can count, but here I am, painting them yet again. 

I am at a point in my life where I'm finally getting comfortable with who I am. Does that mean I'm going to never change, hell no! I'll more then likely come up with some new million dollar idea by this afternoon or at least take a nap. The point is, if you know you can do better than do it. There is nothing worse in life than regretting. 

I may not be the most successful writer in town, but at least I'm the most content. Life cannot lived until you pursue what you love. That doesn't have to get another career or make more money. It may be pursuing your love of music, getting healthier, or even enjoying our family more. The thing is live life and don't let yourself get stuck behind a cursor.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze