High Water Bills

My neighbors - FD Thornton
As you may know, I do my damnedest to be honest and positive with everything I write. I figured out a long time ago, the world can be a hateful place. So instead of pouring more fuel on that fire, why not spread a more honest and positive message about life. Life is all about ups and downs so focusing too much on one or the other can really screw you up.

I'm an admitted news junkie, but lately, while not wanting to put my head in the sand; I'm nearly ready to block EVER news channel on my TV. I want the facts about the issue, not your opinion. The 24 hour news cycle, to create more viewership and Ad dollars, pumps in so many unconfirmed facts and opinion. That once the facts are confirmed, their viewers are so worked up, they're either stocking up bunkers or taking up arms against otherwise innocent lives. 

Let's awake up people. While the world looks to be "going to hell in a hand basket", things can still be changed. It's simply up to us to look around and THINK. God knows I don't have all the answers, but I'm I going to hate another just because, they're a different skin tone, ethnic background, or worship another god. How small and petty would that be? 

Don't fear the unknown, nor run to embrace it neither. The holy book I was raised with says, "test the spirits". With this issue I take that to mean, you may not agree with every new idea. But in this civil society each is guaranteed the right to free speech, free worship, and the pursuit of happiness. I take that to mean, my neighbor may be a different skin tone, religious belief, or homosexual. But as long as we all live under the rules of a civil society, we should still say "Good Morning" and complain about our high garbage and water bills. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze