Against the Tide

As some of you may know I recently graduated from business school. While the adventure was a tough challenge, I did learn a lot about business and about myself. For one I learned about the importance of planning and strategy. The importance’s of staying on top of current trends and understanding the rules of supply and demand.

Along with the rules of business, I learned a lot about myself. For one I learned in a new situation you are usually not the only one in the room that’s a little afraid. I learned that putting yourself out there can be scary, but the reward for doing can be greater. Also I learned leadership isn’t being bossy, it’s leading, it’s supporting, and it’s building.

I’m not entirely sure why I even started this post. I suppose more than anything else I’m reminding myself of why I started this adventure. Other than the obvious of building my self-esteem and my skill-set, my main reason was to finish something I started many, many years ago.

Haven’t you ever had a goal or desire to complete something? Well I’ve felt like that most of my life. I’ve always had this thought in the back of my mind that I could do better than what I had around me. After writing that I sorta have to laugh at myself, the reason being is that at the moment many would consider me to be very unsuccessful. I mean, while the bills are paid I have very, very little in the bank. And the phone isn’t exactly ringing on the hook with new clients at the moment.

But seriously is that really the point? As I mentioned earlier my true reward for finishing school was learning that I’m capable of finishing anything I want. School gave the nudge I needed to realize that within me is that ability to do whatever I desire. And isn’t that what it’s all about?


Just rolling with the tide can be a safe bet, simple going in and going out, flowing wherever the current takes you. But for whatever reason I always swam against the current. And besides isn’t that what you’re supposed to do that when you find yourself in trouble?   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze