Good Choice, Bad Choice

Hello. I guess if there was a theme for the past two days it would be you get what you pay for. I don't know about you, but over my lifetime I've made some good decisions and some bad decisions. My focus today is on one of my bad decisions which were to neglect my health by making poor life choices.

If you read any of my posts, you know about the vacation I took last fall to the hospital. Since that time I've tried to do better with my health. One of the main things I've done is quit smoking. But even though I quit smoking, one of the effects of that decision to smoke has been very bad teeth. So over the past few days I've been dealing with a painful broken tooth that is the result of past poor decisions.

Thinking about that, a lot of times we deal with situations that are beyond our control. Abuse, fear inducted situations, and other disasters are things that just happen and they are things we pretty much don't have control over. But things like poor health choices or just doing stupid shit are things we walk into eyes wide open.

The point I'm making is, there are times when we have to "man up" and except the hand dealt us and do better. The thing is, to look at bad behavior and do what we can to correct it. Pointing fingers and crying "no fair", isn't doing you any good. But also hating yourself for poor choices isn't going to help you either. Just remember we are all fallible and we all screw-up sometimes. Let's just do our best to correct those screw-up's without infecting ourselves with too much self-hate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze