Thoughts on the 14th

Well it's February 14th the day that most of us scurry about desperately searching for the last flower or chocolate bar left in town. I've had so many epic fails in and around this day, that I practically gave up years ago trying to make my bride happy today. Besides I get a bigger kick out of surprising her on one of the other 300 normal days that I'm not forced to pay extra on. You can call me cheap, but I like to think of myself as... well yeah, cheap's a good word.

  Call me a buzz kill but, I do my best to remember which side my "bread is buttered on" most everyday. While a lot of my writing focuses on my sad little tale. I do have a partner that champions for me everyday. On the surface it may not seem we are much of a partnership, considering we are polar opposites on must everything.

But not being able to finish each others sentences or like the same TV shows has nothing to much to do with love. To us that just creates a very boring conversation. And if anything our kids will tell you we don't have boring conversations. Load arguments, maybe, but never boring.

In an age where narcissism is all the rage, it's nice to know someone truly has your back, and I believe I've had that for 27+ years. Hey, I'm not an easy person to live with and frankly neither is she. But as I repeat so many times with so few getting the meaning, "what's love got to do with it".

This women has seen me at my worst and stays with me anyway. Through sickness and in health, the good and the bad,now that's the real test of your metal. Because for every strength I lack she's got plenty of it and hopefully, I can do the same in return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze