Snake Oil

I don’t know why but I like the people I deal with to be sincere. Got me around a snake oil salesperson and I’m usually ready to head for the door. Now some of you out there that know me may say the same thing about me. And to a point, I might have to agree with you. But from my standpoint there is a broad line that can be draw between snake oil seller and a plain bullshit artist like myself. Mainly, because I’m not trying to sell you a bill of goods just for my own profit, which may account for the fact, I’m the worst salesman that EVER lived.

That being said, I wouldn’t expect a sane person to ever take advice from me on how to sell. But I would hope someone out there would believe me when I tell them, most folks can smell insincerity 100 miles away. Sincerity, honesty, and integrity are good foundations to build your character on. To put aside one of these principles’ for the sake of profit does not abide well with most individuals. So way do we do it?

I for one am not ashamed to say I’ve begged, stolen, and borrowed for the well-being of my family. I learned a long time ago to shallow your pride when it comes to providing for your family. So I suppose when faced with losing all you worked for due to some ethical breach? I suppose the point here is, your word should be your word. To hide behind some vague stipulation in a contract doesn’t exempt you. If you walk in knowing a moral wrong is being done?


I’m not here to be anyone’s judge or jury, am just one man dealing with the conscience I was raised with. Treating others as you want to be treated is only fair. To be truly successful, does walking out with a pocket full of gold make you any better. Then a humble person whom among his or her peers can be called sincere?        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze