From Now On

Good morning. While my sink is still clogged (I given up) and I'm recovering from our Super Bowl party (my wife & I with snacks we didn't need). So far today I'm paying the price for my poor decisions from last night, wishing I could just go back to bed. Oh well.

I've noticed that sometimes I can let my health become a crutch or better yet an excuse to not do what I should be doing. While that can sound a bit harsh, after all the years of giving in, every so often you need to give yourself a swift kick in the ass to get things done.

The key is to not hate yourself when you do fail. Although (at least for me) self-abuse is a natural reaction to failing. The point is to cut yourself some slack. I mean if your child was learning to ride a bike and fell off, would you scream it them and call them a failure? (If you do, you need more help than I can give you.) Or would you dust off their knees and help them back on.

Lord knows we all fail, but it's the self-abuse that keeps us down. So while I'm sitting here regretting the decisions of last night. It's good to know that if I try and "bite the bullet" I can make better decisions from now on (maybe).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze