Give & Take

It was a quite Sunday morning on the Panic and Anxiety Forum that I go to everyday. No More Panic is an old school forum site for people that are dealing with panic and anxiety issues. Not much different than a virtual AA meeting, I find that simply confessing my feelings is a great relief for my troubles. Also every Sunday morning, I have a conversation with my father-in-law. We causally talk about this or that, the usual light banter two man would have. The reason I bring up these two things is to say, sometimes you got to give to get back.

For a long time I allowed myself to suffer in the dark. No one, not even my friends and most of my family knew I was suffering. It wasn’t till I discovered group therapy and No More Panic did I realize having a support team behind you is the best thing. Here in the United States we live under the Cowboy Code. In that we are at our best toughing it out alone. That is such horseshit. While I believe in being strong and taking care of yourself, sometimes a helping hand doesn’t hurt.

Think of it this way, by letting someone else do you a favor, you in turn may be helping them. I’m a big believer in reaping what you sow. At some point the goodness you pass out will come back to you. So don’t be ashamed to ask for help. It’s not a sign of weakness, it’s simply building a team around you. Likewise offering a helping hand is not just charity, it’s balancing out the give and take in your life. Don’t let pride cause you to fall. Be honest with yourself and build a good team around you. You never know, the actions you take just might save you.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living