Rhythm of Life

Well I knew it wouldn’t last forever, I woke up thinking, it must be 6 or 6:30. No it was just 4 in the morning. But I won’t complain, it was a good run of 3 straight days sleeping till 6 or 7. But this is what us insomniac’s do. Sadly I’m not focused on much of anything right now. My heart rate is fluttering, but not uncomfortably. I know that might sound weird or possibly frightening, but I’m used to it.

Living with this body you get used to a lot of weird shit. The funky heartbeats, the low blood sugar, the sneezing, the panic, wearing a CPAP all night, just an endless list of crazy stuff. But that’s just how I am. I think it’s meditation that puts me in tune with what my body tells me. Before my health anxiety kept me up at night worrying. But for the last few years, not so much. I mean, I have my moments but for the most part, I’m relatively in tune with what my body is saying.

We so often tune ourselves out to the world around us. When I go walking, my goal isn’t just to finish walking. It’s to be in the moment, right there, right now. It’s nothing particularly magical. You’re just very aware of what’s going on around you. Kinda like I am with my body, kinda like I am when I talk to you.
 
I pass by people nearly every day that simple are not aware of what’s going on around them. They live in this sort of bubble where outside influence can’t penetrate, and that’s sad. Sad because how can you feel the energy around you if you don’t let anything in? Being a passive participate in life leaves you empty and cold. Embrace the world around you, take in what it has to give. Be at peace and know everything runs at the rhythm of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living