Take Care of Themselves

Ogeechee River - Sandra Burnsed
Avoiding the world, avoiding myself that’s just the way it is sometimes. As much as I’d like to think I tackle problems straight on, I often find myself procrastinating. I suppose it’s because I’m not as strong as I wish to be. I prefer my own company most of the time, but when I do get social it’s usually in quick burst. But soon afterwards I’m usually pretty exhausted. It’s funny that I turned out this way, because in a former like I was a very outgoing person. I suppose in a way I still am, it all depends how the winds are blowing that day.

Still I medicate, and I meditate using both worlds to pull me up to face another day. But in all honesty, I just assume be alone. That’s sad in a way. Most of the time I wish I could shut off this self-examining part of myself and just drone through life. Get up go to work, put in my 8 hours, clock out, and then go home. But I can’t do that, I have to force myself to sit in front of a television. I’d much rather listen to music or do what I am doing right now.

Still I ask myself, why? Why in the hell do I push my mental self? Why do go on and on about taking steps forward, instead of just giving in to my reality. If you’re waiting for me to answer that question, don’t hold your breath, because I don’t know. All we want a certain degree of satisfaction in our lives. None of us really want to live in a stagnate bubble. I suppose what I’m trying to say is, if you’ve gotten this far continue your steady match. Just remember life is meant to be lived, so don’t waste it droning through the day. Live in this moment and let the past and the future take care of themselves.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living