Surrounds Us

South Dune Beach - Jekyll Island, GA
After spending the whole day fighting a stomachache and a low-grade fever, I finally feel like sticking my head out the door. That’s because I had to go put fuel in my truck, so I can take my wife to a doctor’s appointment in the morning. I wish I could say my life was more glamorous than that, but it is what it is.

We all wish sometimes our lives could be a little more exciting. Unfortunately it’s usually a dull routine. It’s sad in a way how days can roll into weeks and weeks roll into months. The best we can do is grab a few of those moments and commit them to memory. In my own life I have snapshots of memories I hope to never loss. Like meeting my wife, the birth of our children, memories of my grandparents, and my mom and dad.

While life wants us to focus on the moment, it’s memories that build the foundation. Sometimes it’s hard to accept how things have turned out. The mistakes we’ve made the things we said in anger. But time has a way of smoothing out the bumps in life. I suppose that’s what keeps us sane and hopeful.

The thing is we have a choice, to either live our lives unaware of the moments around us. Or to live our lives breathing in, fully aware of what’s happening around us. That’s how I try to live, although I have my moments of where I bury my head in the sand. But that’s okay, none of us are perfect. All we can do is live the best we can and appreciate the love that surrounds us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living