Indifferent

I woke-up around 7:oo am, at the moment it’s just after 10:00 am and so far I talked with my father-in-law, put on a load of clothes to wash, took my morning walk, hung out the clothes, went of the store, then went of the dumpster and cleaned trash out of the back of my truck. Now on most days that would normally be my chore list for the day. I don’t know what to tell you other then, maybe this wasn’t one of those days? 

Like I said, it’s a little after 10 and now I got a second load of clothes on. My wife’s worried it might rain, but we were told that it would rain the last two days without a single drop. So even though it’s Sunday, and my mom would have a fit. Mom’s not here to fuss and the Baptist next door will just have to put up with my underwear hanging on the line. 

As you may can tell I’m sounding a bit indifferent this morning and the reason is I am. Indifferent is defined as unconcerned or uninterested: it can also be defined as mediocre or uninspired. It pretty much hits the nail on the head. For the past two days I’ve been running around meeting obligations I’ve had to meet. You know the ones, going to the bank, paying a bill, going shopping, taking my wife to an appointment; the usual stuff. 

You see, I like my life to fit into a nice compact routine. But the out-of-the-way chores of the past two days sorta clogged up the system, if you know what I mean. Which means today I gotta play catch-up, but that’s okay? When something throws a “monkey wrench” into your near perfect routine, the thing is not to fret too much. Remember in this crazy, chaotic world shit happens and there’s not much you can do other than wipe it off your shoe.  

So even while I’m running around today a bit uninspired and uninterested; just the fact that I’m putting forth the effort is giving me something. First some clean clothes to wear and maybe a few drops of wisdom to pass on to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living