The Devil Made Me Do It?

To give my Facebook friends a laugh I posted the image you see here with the caption “the devil’s alive and well tempting me through the mail”. While it may be easy to blame the devil, each of us has some addiction we must bear. For some of us it’s one of the seven deadly sins, for others it can be work, others still it can even be sincerity. The thing is life isn’t easy, so along with moments of joy we all experience moments of pain. 

Often times we look to blame others for our actions and in some situations that can be very true. But more often than not, we take tragedy and turn it into an excuse to harm ourselves as well as others. The bottom line is we have to responsibility for ourselves despite the cause. It could be easy for me to blame my parents or my peers for the shame I experienced as a child. But I’ll never find relief from the pain unless I forgive others and myself. 

Other important thing I discovered is that without forgiving myself for past stupid. I’d never been able to overcome the fear, addiction, and self-loathing that drove my life for so long. Without a healthy dose of forgiveness and love, I know it would have been impossible to achieve what I have so far. Way too many of us clang to past pain and wear it like a badge of honor; using it as nothing more than an excuse to never get better.

I don’t mean to sound like a hard-ass who has no empathy for what you’ve been through. My point is by chipping at that stone wall that keeps you from achieving. You can experience more victories in life than you ever expected. So own up to what you’re doing that wrecks your happiness and stop blaming the boogieman. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living