Entrepreneurial Spirit

Sunrise on the Atlantic - Jekyll Island Georgia
Usually when I’m writing one of these post, I draw from my own experiences to tell the story. I find that by drawing from my own experiences it lends to the authenticity of what I want to say. More often than not, a large amount of self-help literature I’ve read all reads the same with no room for failure; which contradicts my own experiences where I’ve had way more failures than successes. In a nutshell what I’ve discovered is that it’s how well you handle those failures that dictate rather you’ll ever be successful.

We all know when we are not satisfied about a given situation. We all know what it’s like to drudge through the day doing meaningless task to put money in someone else’s pocket. For some of us it’s a fair trade-off, we do the meaningless tasks and at the end of the week, we are rewarded with a paycheck. And there’s nothing wrong with living that way if you choose. 

But then there are a few in which that way of life gnaws at their soul. Without getting too overly dramatic, for some of us the nine to five routine isn’t what we want. We thrive on the adventure and creativity of making our own way. Entrepreneurship is the foundation on which we thrive and sometimes fail. In my own life I came from a family of entrepreneurs. My grandparents and great-grandparents were at some point entrepreneurs working in the retail business. I believe that their entrepreneurial spirit is what drives me to be successful at what I do. 

I suppose what I'm saying here is failure should be thought of as a teaching moment and not a reason to tear ourselves down. Far too often in my own life I've taken what were clearly teachable moments and instead turned them into moments of self-abuse. I believe that once I learned winning isn't everything; my eyes opened to a new understanding of what living really means. For me life's about taking in the whole thing, the good and the bad, and learning from it. When you tie that lesson into the desire to be an entrepreneur you discover an interesting fact. That being a successful entrepreneur is only part of the journey. The rest has to do with how much enjoyment you get from piloting your own path.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living