Fix It

For the past few years I’ve worked to truly overcome the struggles within myself. Before now I choose to work through my situation chemically through medication alone. To be honest that worked for a while; but at some point that specter of panic, anxiety, and poor habits would find a crack and rear their heads time and time again. What it took to really make some headway was a more concerted effort on my part to get better.

It’s all fine and well to want to do better. But it’s an entirely different animal “to put some feet to those prayers” and really do something about it. My point here isn’t to heap anymore guilt on you then you already do yourself. Believe me, in my ongoing project to be being healthier, happier, and more satisfied is a never ending project. The point is if there’s a problem, don’t ignore it.

Recently I had a situation where the kitchen sink kept clogging up. Me, my wife, and even the kids had to unclog the damn thing every day. A solution wasn’t found until I got under the sink and took apart the plumbing to locate the lovely hair and grease clog. The same can be said about ourselves (not that you’re clogged with hair or grease), but if you see a situation that ain’t working you might want to fix it.

Lord knows, I’m one of the worst about putting things off, just look at my adventures at the hospital last year. The key is to keep trying and taking steps, after all a half-step is better than no step at all. The other point is to not guilt yourself to death when you fail. The trouble with most motivation is it doesn’t allow for failures. So I’m gonna tell you right now, you’re going to fail.

The key is to not let that failure define who you are. A wise person steps back from failure and looks for a better solution. So just keep moving forward, it’s all we can ever ask of ourselves. It may take time to see the results, but at least you have something to look forward too.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze