Holding Out

Every one of us has one of those days; you know the ones, where your heads pounding and your sinuses are draining, yucky right? My first thought this morning was to bury my head under the covers and count the day as a loss. But reality has a way of slapping you silly when you have things that need to be done. So despite my sore throat and fifty pound nose I got my emails answered, errands run, and the conference call with my publisher completed.

A few years ago I would have just wrote the day off and laid under the covers. But as I have grown in confidence the last few years, I’ve learned that some obstacles are worth the extra effort to overcome. Living our lives isn’t something that should be put on hold. I realize the challenges we can face both mentally and physically just to face the day. But at the same time I understand that sometimes it takes blood, sweat, and tears for some of us just to get out of bed.

Far be it for me to try and sound like some slicked back, car selling, motivational speaker. The point I want to make is, creating productive habits will never happen if you’re waiting for the right moment. Too many times I’ve lost out on way too many opportunities by holding out for clearer skies and warmer weather. While there will be times when you have to rest, most of the time an achy head or just not feeling it, are just piss poor excuses for not living.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze