Normal Boring Life

I woke up a few hours ago, had my two mandatory cups of decaf, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and jellied toast. I don't really know why I'm mentioning my OCD eating habits other than to fill in space. But for many of us, we can just go on and on about our mundane, no surprise worlds. Guilty!

We all want to feel special in some way, but the sad truth is we are usually just kinda boring. I mean no one really wants to see a pic of my Shake and Baked Chicken from last night do you? The point I’m trying to is, while many of us want a little more excitement in our lives. The sad truth is, some of us who are dealing with mental issues like Panic, Anxiety, and Self-Esteem; long for a normal boring day.

For far too long my life centered on blocking out the constant talking going on in my head. These voices were nothing more than my own mind telling me I wasn’t good enough, that no matter what I did it would fail. Sound familiar? All I wanted to do was white wash over all the pain, the disappointment, and the self-loathing. All I wanted was a normal boring life.

The thing is cherish the normal days. But if your normal is torment then work towards creating your ideal normal. You don’t have to live with the sound of your own voice telling you you’re no good. There are many ways to find help; it’s just the matter of looking.


If you realize there are roadblocks in your life take the steps to remove them. The process isn’t easy and if you’re like me, you’ll take more steps backwards than forwards. The point is to try. Don’t let those inside voices tell you can’t, when you believe you can.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze